It must be my Colombian heritage because I cannot get enough of Latin flavors! I try to find a happy medium between flavors and carbs. It’s easy to go overboard, fried yuca, empanadas, plantains, rice, potatoes, beans… that’s A LOT. I like to use quinoa or brown rice as healthy alternative sides. This recipe has awesome flavor and is totally easy to make! You can find the Badia Mojo Marinade in the ethnic isle at your local grocery store and it’s cheap! Keep refrigerated after opening.Ingredients
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup of Badia Mojo Marinade
- Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning
- 1 cup of quinoa (I used TJ organic tricolor)
- 1 mango diced
- A handful of cilantro chopped
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 lime
- 1/4 of a red onion chopped
- 1 avocado
- In a bowl or baking dish, marinade chicken in mojo marinade and coat with Mrs. Dash seasoning. Refrigerate for minimum 30 mins to overnight.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Bring 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 mins until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
- Chop red onion, mango and cilantro. This will be mixed with quinoa. Can be served hot or cold.
- Heat skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, do not use access marinate from dish. Depending on the thickness of your chicken, cook 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Pour black beans in separate bowl and heat in microwave. (I use canned organic low-sodium)
- Slice lime and avocado, add to bowl.
Double up your quinoa mixture to have plenty of lunch leftovers. This dish is delish hot or cold!! I usually make my quinoa in a large quantity to add to bowls and salads throughout the week. If you’re a busy mom, look into these microwavable pouches for a quick and easy substitute.
Lotus + Grace